Big data, unstructured or structured, fast or slow, in multiple contexts or one is a beast to manage. Big data is growing fast fueled by the democratization of data and the IoT environment. Often organizations simply control what they know they get results from and then store the rest for future leverage. In fact, most organizations use less than 20% of their data, leaving the remaining 80%, and the insights it contains, to be left outside to the operational and decision-making processes.
Imagine if you used only 20% of any service you paid for every month and ignored the other 80%! This is exactly what we are doing with data. Fortunately, there is hope as this is where Big Data can start to rely on AI and engage in a “cycle of leverage”. Presently, the interaction between AI and Big Data is in the early stages, and organizations are discovering helpful methods, techniques, and technologies to achieve meaningful results. Typically these efforts are neither architected nor managed holistically. Our work has shown there is an emerging “Cycle of Big Data” that we and would like to describe and share with you where we see AI can help.
To read the entire article, please click on https://www.forbes.com/sites/cognitiveworld/2019/09/30/ai-big-data-better-together/#60ad611760b3